At Discovery Village At The Forum, we know that individuals with dementia have different needs for their senior living communities. That’s why we prioritize personalized care and a journey of discovery in everything we do. Our nurses, certified nurse assistants, and other trained team members chart courses of exploration for our residents that touch on important aspects of life. In our memory care program, your loved one will be able to rebuild and preserve their lives. You can have peace of mind knowing that your loved one is in the best hands and receiving the best care.
What Are Memory Care Communities?
Seniors with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease need specialized care. This care should be personalized to their unique situation. In memory care communities, residents receive supervised care, assistance with daily living, and medical monitoring. In many cases, our team members provide purpose-driven activities to help residents en
joy each day.
What are the benefits of memory care programs? First, you can have peace of mind knowing that your loved one is in a safe, secure environment. Memory care communities are designed with individuals with dementia in mind. With the assistance and monitoring of specially trained team members, all of your loved one’s needs will be met. Finally, a high-quality memory care program will feature events and activities every day.
Our Memory Care Program
SHINE® Memory Care is exclusively available in Discovery Village communities nationwide. SHINE® is our deeply personalized approach to memory care, which uses scientific principles to promote engagement,
comprehension, and lifestyle quality for seniors living with dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease and other memory-related issues.
SHINE® focuses on the aspects of memory care that ensure each resident’s care program is tailored to their individual needs and abilities. Our goal is to support your loved one’s overall well-being through nutritious dining experiences, enriching activities, and our safe, secure neighborhood design. We even create a “My Story” book for each resident to help them connect with important memories.
Discover the services and amenities that each resident in our memory care community in Fort Myers, FL enjoys. We do the following in our program:
Independence, Confidence, and Self-Esteem
- Celebrate each small success one at a time
- Encourage active participation in all activities of daily living
- Focus on strengths rather than limitations
- Promote physical exercise, stimulating mental activity, and helping to maintain social and religious contacts
Discover Dining Delights
- Provide nutrient-dense gourmet meals to promote overall good health
- Encourage active participation in dining with assistance provided as needed
- Serve meals in a calm and quiet environment at the same time each day allowing residents to focus on eating
- Prove “Food on the Run” for residents who are no longer able to focus on mealtime or frequently wander
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
- Provide purpose-driven activities in small groups or on a one-to-one basis
- Gear activities to residents’ present abilities and time of day
- Create activities that are noncompetitive, failure-free, and age-appropriate
- Plan activities that match residents’ attention spans
Friendships and Belonging
- Provide active participation and support in personal care activities to maintain a maximum sense of control and independence
- Promote personal care activities because they define how a person is personally perceived by their peers, family, and friends
- Encourage work/productive activities to provide a sense of personal success and worth
- Provide play/leisure activity to promote friendships and pleasure
Contact Discovery Village At The Forum Today
Find out why seniors and their loved ones choose Discovery Village’s memory care community in Fort Myers, FL by contacting us online or over the phone. Our team members will answer your questions, schedule a tour, and help you make the right choice about memory care for your loved one. Contact us at 239-230-3436 or use our online form and find out how to join our community today.