This Capital City Hot Spot Packs Plenty of Downhome, Southern Charm, too
In and around beautiful Columbia, South Carolina, rich tradition blends perfectly with a fresh, modern feel. And while the city is a hub for government, business, and innovation, it’s also a premier place for tasty cuisine, the arts and outdoors, and music and sports. No wonder South Carolina is among the nation’s foremost retirement destinations!
Just about 15 miles from Columbia’s bustling Midtown area is Discovery Village At Sandhill. Nestled just steps from the Village at Sandhill, where exciting and diverse shopping, dining, and recreational experiences await, our community is at the center of the so much of the action and excitement for which this area is best known.
And in addition to all that’s within easy, walking distance, Columbia and the surrounding areas are home to endless options for fun and recreation as well. From the University of South Carolina, where the arts and major college sports await year-round, to Lake Murray, a self-described “Jewel of South Carolina,” where world-class golf, fishing, and watersports are only some of the amazing offerings.
Elsewhere, Columbia is proud home of the Town Theatre, the nation’s oldest, continuously operating theatre, as well Fort Jackson, the US Army’s primary home for Basic Combat Training, and Segra Park, where the Columbia Fireflies, Class A affiliate of MLB’s New York Mets, play their home games when baseball is in full swing throughout the spring and summer months.
From Discovery Village At Sandhill, it’s all within easy reach, whether taking in the parks, museums and historic sites for which Columbia is nationally renowned, visiting any number of the city’s chic centers for art, culture, and entertainment, or enjoying our community’s own, plentiful outings and excursions. Plus, with complimentary, chauffeured transportation, each day at Discovery Village promises fun and the chance for exploration, whether staying close to home, or venturing out to experience the unique thrills and natural beauty that awaits throughout Columbia and beyond.
Area Landmarks & Points of Interest
Arts & Entertainment
- Columbia Children’s Theatre (12.5 miles)
- Columbia Museum of Art (14.5 miles)
- South Carolina State Museum (14.8 miles)
- Trustus Theatre (15.3 miles)
- The South Carolina Railroad Museum (24.0 miles)
- Sesquicentennial State Park (3.2 miles)
- The Spur at Northwoods Golf Club (7.2 miles)
- South Carolina State House (14.8 miles)
- Columbia Canal & Riverfront Park (16.0 miles)
- EdVenture Children’s Museum (16.5 miles)
- Riverbanks Zoo & Garden (17.3 miles)
- Frankie’s Fun Park (21.1 miles)
Shopping & Dining
- Sparkleberry Square (1.6 miles)
- Columbia Place Mall
- Trenholm Plaza (11.2 miles)
- Cross Hill Market (13.5 miles)
- Devine Street (13.9 miles)
- The Vista (14.3 miles)
- Rosewood Drive (14.7 miles)
- Five Points (15.2 miles)
- Columbiana Centre (21.0 miles)
- Prisma Health Richland Hospital (13.7 miles)
- William Jennings Bryan Dorn VA Medical Center (14.6 miles)
- Lexington Medical Center (19.0 miles)
Transportation & Public Transit