We’re Nationally Recognized for Excellence in Memory Care
At Discovery Village, we know the obstacles that dementia people have to undergo. Through our Memory Care community, we will lead and bring them towards a people-oriented approach that is on par with the nation’s finest.
Our SHINE® Memory Care curriculum is the receiver of the National Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association®, the nation’s foremost voluntary health organization for Alzheimer’s care and research. To date, this award has only been received by eight memory care providers across the nation, and that shows the mark and pinnacle of SHINE®.
SHINE@ uses a personal approach that is unique to memory care through scientific principles that are engaging, comprehensive, and living excellence for your dementia plagued loved ones, such as Alzheimer’s disease and other memory-linked disabilities.
Our team of caregivers and nurses, who are equipped with the education and training in memory care diseases, will help to bring back the quality of life to every resident. Our SHINE® Memory Care program is specifically catered for residents with dementia but still wants to enjoy a rewarding lifestyle. From the finest culinary dining to personal care and service, you can be rest assured to know that your loved one is well-taken care of beyond their very means using the finest care technique. We give you our word on that.
What Is the SHINE® Memory Care Program?
At Discovery Village At Sugarloaf, residents can socialize and mingle easily where friendly common areas, aesthetically pleasing dining rooms, and sophisticatedly cutting-edge activity centers will help form friendships. Dementia sufferers or those with Alzheimer’s disease need our empathy and guide, and our team of experts at Memory Care will make sure that they will get top-notch care as needed.
Our SHINE® Memory Care Program gives long-term care catered to meet the demands of these residents through strict supervision, help with their daily lifestyle routine, and check on their medical condition. We also provide round-the-clock activities to keep residents occupied so that they feel motivated with their lives.
Some of the benefits of memory care communities include the hands-on help from a team of trained caregiving experts, the reassurance that comes with being aware your loved one is in the right place where they and other residents can mingle around freely. If you are thinking of finding the perfect memory care program for your loved one, Discovery Village At Sugarloaf is your best bet as it offers excellent, set in a community of the highest exclusivity and comfort.
The SHINE® Memory Care Program
Discover Independence, Confidence, and Self-Esteem
At Discovery Village senior living communities, we are aware what some of the following things that can leave a mark on you:
- Celebrating each minor success with baby steps
- Encouraging one to participate actively in all daily living activities
- Focusing on what you can deliver rather than the opposite
- Promoting others to be physically active, triggering brain activity, and helping them to upkeep the binds of friendship and religion.
Discover Dining Delights
- Nutrient-rich fine dining to help one to achieve healthy living
- An escort to help with residents throughout the entire course of dining
- Dining in a relaxing and silent atmosphere at the exact time every day, giving residents to concentrate on their meals.
- “Food on the Run” for residents who have zero ability to focus on their eating or frequently wander and leave during mealtime.
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
- Motive-oriented activities take place in small groups or from each person by turn.
- Activities that are planned for residents’ current strengths or weaknesses
- Activities that do not pit residents against one another and suit their age.
- Opportunities that are suitable for residents with dementia
Discover Friendships and Belonging
- Actively involved and supportive when it comes to one’s grooming so that they can take care and feel independent about themselves.
- Grooming activities show them how to be judged and seen in a positive light by their loved ones.
- Using productivity to help them with a sense of self-worth and confidence.
- Relaxing activities to make friends and as a hobby so to upgrade their lifestyle.
Contact Discovery Village At Sugarloaf Today
Our SHINE® Memory Care programs stress the following in their overall well-being and customized treatment plans:
- Highly effective communication with the people around them
- A team of expertly trained caregivers
- A hand-made “My Story” book for every person who resides there
- A gastronomical experience that uses basic science to whet appetite, engagement, knowingness, and involvement
- Team and person by turn activities, activities to bring up one’s senses and silent, peaceful moments
- A well-guarded neighborhood that is fully backed with security so that your loved one can have safety and reassurance in mind
For more information on our SHINE® Memory Care Program and be one of those lucky ones who can participate in “A Day in the Life” with us, contact our senior team member via filling up our form online or at 770-692-1177. It would be our delight to talk to you about what your loved one requires the most. We would be glad to schedule a tour so that you can see what we have to offer. If you have any questions about our program, we will address whatever issues you want to know.