Senior Citizens no longer need to fear getting older or being alone. At Discovery Villages, our supportive communities and luxury lifestyles give you the support you need to be your most vibrant self, so you can actively and joyfully engage again in the world around you. Come visit us today at one of our locations in Fort Myers, Naples and Sarasota, Florida.
It is no secret that people are living longer and healthier lives than ever before! Did you know that just one hundred years ago, in 1915, the average life expectancy in the USA for a man was 53 years and 57 years for a woman?! It is one of our century’s greatest achievements that people are living longer than they ever have before. And as the population gets older, the discovery of best practices to keep older adults vibrant and feeling their best is underway in many communities.
The communities of Discovery Villages in Fort Myers, Naples and soon to be Sarasota, Florida are leading the way in creating supportive environments and socially engaging opportunities for senior citizens to make the quality of their lives matter. Consistent research has shown that senior citizens who have a strong support system live better than those who are alone. At Discovery Villages, we recognize the importance of community and have many resources to help you make the most of your golden years. We have many opportunities that Seniors can take advantage of in a supportive, fun and relaxing environment.
Oftentimes the “secret” to living a better and longer life means finding ways to be involved in activities that are satisfying, engaging and create meaning. Such activities may include:
- Volunteer with an organization! There are many community organizations, churches and schools that are always looking for quality volunteers. Whether it’s helping in a local food pantry, tutoring a child with reading, taking care of abandoned animals, or caring for the homeless, there are many ways that you can create meaning and important community connections. At Discovery Villages, we help our senior citizens connect with meaningful organizations that are important to them. We even provide our adults with transportation to help them get out and about in the community safely and on time.
- Join a team! Now is the time for you to enjoy those activities that you love most or try something new and exciting. There are many senior citizen sports and game leagues you can enjoy, such as golf, bowling, playing cards, and more! Not only do these keep you active, but participation in such a team can help you form relationships with other like-minded people who share your passions and hobbies. We want our senior citizens to feel part of a team at Discovery Villages, and we can help you find a group that shares your same interests and similarities. We always have a variety of Celebrations Activities to pick and choose from to keep you active and inspired.
- Take a class! Now is the time to learn something that you have always desired, but have not had enough time in the past to accomplish. Many senior citizens want to learn computer skills so that they can re-connect with long lost contacts. Or maybe you have always been interested in learning more about the arts, whether it be music, theater, drawing, etc. Learning new skills can be a way of adding joy and fun to your life as well as improve memory, cognition and overall confidence. At Discovery Villages, we help our senior citizens find the right activities that enrich their lives.
- Move your body! Keeping your body active is important as you age, not only for your physical health, but for your mental state as well. Try a yoga class, take a walk in nature, have a leisurely swim, or even get involved in social dancing! Senior Citizens feel better when they keep their body moving. At Discovery Villages, we have many opportunities for senior citizens to keep active in safe and supportive environments. Our Dimensions Wellness programs take into account your injuries and level of mobility, and design fitness activities and programs that match your goals.
- Start a Club! Take initiative and lead something that brings you joy. Maybe your love of reading has inspired you to start a book club. Or maybe you have noticed other community members enjoy a particular activity just like you. Why not lead a club or group of like-minded people who enjoy the same activity with you? At Discovery Villages, we support all of our senior citizens to live a life of quality, creativity and joy. Our community is designed so that it is easy to make friendships with other like-minded people. We can help you to nurture and create possibilities and opportunities that benefit your life.
Discovery Village at Stuart offers a variety of senior living programs to keep seniors healthy and active. Learn about our senior living options and amenities today when you contact us at 772.247.5400.