Memory care is a unique type of senior living option that caters especially to individuals who are experiencing Alzheimer’s Disease and other forms of dementia and memory loss progression. Memory care communities are able to offer support and team members that specialize in mitigating the progression of memory loss symptoms and also for caring for individuals who are coping with dementia at different stages.
Here at Discovery Village At Sugarloaf, our SHINE® Memory Care is one of the few memory care programs in the U.S. that has achieved a National Certificate of Recognition issued by the Alzheimer’s Association®. Each of our residents will have round-the-clock access to activities, caregiving experts, and medical support as needed. Most important of all, you can rest assured that your loved ones will have the highest level of comfort and support that they need to live life to its fullest.
What Services Are Provided at Memory Care Communities?
The exact types of services that memory care communities provide will definitely depend on the memory care provider. This is especially so as memory care can be provided on the same grounds as other senior living options. Here at Discovery Village At Sugarloaf, these are the services that we provide to all our memory care residents:
- 24-Hour Security and Safety: The neighborhood is well secured and well-guarded to keep residents safe. The different amenities and overall floorplan are also designed to prevent wandering behaviors.
- Sensations Dining Programs: Our professional chefs offer three meals a day which leverages on basic science to aid in appetite, engagement, and their overall involvement. Escorts will be provided at each meal to help with dining. An alternative is our “Food on the Run” program which is designed for residents who frequently wander or do not have the ability to focus on eating.
- Medical Care: There are licensed nurses on-site to ensure that health concerns are addressed immediately, and also to monitor for any changes that may relate to health conditions of progression of memory loss.
- Professional Caregivers: Each team member undergoes substantial training and education to be able to provide specialized care for memory-related conditions.
- Exclusive Senior Living Programs: Activities that are motive-oriented are offered every single day and specially designed to each resident’s areas of improvement or strengths. This creates opportunities that are suitable for their cognitive and physical abilities while also ensuring that they are learning and interacting in a conducive environment.
- Impressions Housekeeping and Maintenance Services: Our housekeeping team aims to help keep both your loved one’s home and the entire community clean and in tip-top condition. This ranges from services like cleaning, laundry, to even simpler acts like watering their plants.
- Connections Transportation: In the event that your loved one needs to leave the community to meet family and friends or just for a medical visit, we offer complimentary chauffeured transportation that can be easily arranged with the concierge desk.
For more information on our memory care community and how we might benefit you or your loved one, contact us today.