To meet the needs of your loved ones, is it time to consider a move to a personal care community for them? With so many personal care homes and retirement communities available, it can be difficult to choose one that will meet the specific needs of your loved one.
Ideally, you should go for a senior living community that has many amenities, a range of lifestyle activities and events, and nutritious and delicious meals. What’s more, you would want the professional team at the location to be dedicated, caring, and is available 24/7.
Find the Right Personal Care Community
If you’re looking for the right personal care community for your mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, aunt, uncle, or other beloved family members, here are some questions to ask when you are touring the community. That’s right – touring. You don’t want your loved ones to move into a location you haven’t personally seen for yourself.
- Can you meet the cost of the retirement community?
- Are service animals or pets allowed at the personal care home?
- How is the quality of the food? Is there any variety in the daily menu? What does the dining area look like?
- What on-site assisted living, wellness, and medical services are provided by the community?
- Is resident hygiene a top priority in this community?
- How secure is the location? Be sure to ask about the community’s safety record.
- Look around and formulate an opinion as to how carefully the corridors, grounds, etc. are maintained. How often do their housekeeping, maintenance, and laundry professionals service the residences?
- How happy do the team members and residents appear to you?
- Many of today’s preferred locations have lengthy waiting lists. Does that apply to the one you’re looking at?
- Consider the level of care your loved one requires. What are the available apartment floor plans that would suit their needs?
The Ideal Set up for Your Loved One
Though there are small-scale personal care homes with two to ten residents, in some instances, your loved one may simply like the idea of staying in a senior living community that offers different activities and lifestyle choices.
Such a community will provide numerous opportunities for socialization with its lineup of events, day trips, entertainment programs, and more. Team members are dedicated, friendly and personable too. The meals that are provided are nutritious, delicious, and served in a setting that rivals some five-star restaurants.
Senior Living at Discovery Village At Sugarloaf
Brought to you by Discovery Senior Living, Discovery Village At Sugarloaf provides the very best of personalized care services with retirement age lifestyle programs to deliver an experience that can be considered nothing less than exceptional. Located in Suwanee, near Atlanta, Georgia, the surrounding area is full of southern charm. It is a bustling town full of life, yet quaint at the same time.
Dine with friends in our fine dining restaurant-like environment, watch movies, attend events, and enjoy numerous exciting activities. We also offer a bistro and clubroom, fitness center, beauty salon with barbershop, and a zero-entry heated pool. Yes, these are resort-style amenities, and your loved ones will have access to them all. Everything they need is conveniently located in one place. Introduce your loved one to the finest retirement lifestyle possible! Schedule a visit to Discovery Village At Sugarloaf today.