There are many senior living floor plans of assisted living apartments in Melbourne Beach, FL that can cater to the personal preferences of residents. Every senior living apartment comes fully equipped with top-class kitchen appliances and other electronics while being furnished with modern fixtures that make the place feel just like home. If you are considering relocating to senior living, here is what you can expect.
What Is Assisted Living?
The term assisted living refers to a housing option for those in need of some degree of medical and personal assistance. Rooms, apartments, and suites are all viable options for senior housing. The environments are designed to feel like home while also encouraging residents to be as self-sufficient as possible. A variety of senior care services are provided to help people with the tasks of daily life that can include the following:
- Medication management
- Daily meals
- Housekeeping and laundry
- Personal care like bathing, grooming, and others
- Basic medical services
- 24-hour emergency care
- Recreational and social activities
Assisted Living Apartments in Melbourne Beach, FL
There is nothing that will not pique your interest with fully-furnished assisted living apartments and suites. Retirement communities provide a variety of apartment sizes, from studios to two-bedroom layouts, as well as spacious suites. Each apartment comes fully self-sufficient, with its own kitchenette, spacious bathroom, and wide living room. More than that, retirement communities focus on enabling their residents to transform their new homes to feel like a reflection of who they are by allowing personal touches to be added like pictures, curtains, and others.
Types of Assisted Living Apartments
- 1-Bathroom Suite: From 271 to 328 sq. ft.
- 1-Bathroom, 1-Bedroom Suite: From 416 to 598 sq. ft.
Things to Look for in an Assisted Living Community
The next time you and your loved ones are looking for assisted living options, use the following questions to guide your research. Get the answers to these concerns on paper before settling on a retirement community.
General Community Questions
- Does the community have proper licensing to facilitate assisted living programs?
- What type of insurance does the community carry?
- How do caregivers of the community respond to medical emergencies?
- What is the visitation policy like for families?
Costs, Contracts, and Finances
- Upon the termination of a contract, what is the refund process like?
- Does the contract include accommodation, health care, personal care, and support services?
- Are additional services like skilled nursing care chargeable or included in the monthly fee?
- What are the additional services offered?
- Does the community work with government, corporate, or private agencies to fund the assisted living costs of residents?
- What are the different categories of care offered, and are they all priced the same or differently?
- Are residents needed to manage their own finances or can a caregiver help?
- What are the policies on billing, payment, and credit?
- What type of training have the caregivers undergone?
- Are they friendly and welcoming to residents and guests?
- What is the caregivers-to-residents ratio?
- Are the caregivers easily accessible to attend to the needs of residents?
- Did the caregivers give the relevant information when you asked questions?