If you own a pet and you are considering moving to a retirement community, you have many more options than before. About 75% of senior living residences accept pets too. But finding the right retirement community for you and your pet will take some time. It might be harder for people with a limited budget to find a pet-friendly community but it is possible. Read on to learn more about the pet-friendly senior living communities in Texas!
Keys To Finding A Pet-Friendly Senior Living Community
The key to finding a pet-friendly place to knowing which ones welcome pets and also knowing the right questions you need to ask before moving in. Many pets at senior living communities include dogs and cats, but there are also birds, guinea pigs, and rabbits. Usually, retirement communities will allow you to bring your pets along as pets bring many benefits for older adults.
Questions To Ask
Here are some important questions to ask when you are searching for a pet-friendly retirement community:
- Is there a place for your dog to exercise such as a park or dog run?
- Do the living spaces have enough room for a pet?
- Are there safe places to bring your pets for a walk?
- Does the team help to take care of your pets?
- What kind of pets are allowed to live in the community with me and how many can I keep?
- Is there a size restriction for pets?
- Is a pet deposit required? If there is, how much is it, and is it refundable?
- Do I have to pay an additional monthly fee for having a pet with me?
- Is there a vet nearby?
- If I get sick, are there any provisions for taking care of my pet?
After asking these questions, you will know if the retirement community is right for you and your pet. Your pet is a huge part of your life and they bring many physical and mental health benefits as well. It is only natural that you want to bring them along as you move to a retirement community. It can be challenging to find the best retirement communities around, so here is a list of retirement communities in Texas you can consider.
Pet-Friendly Retirement Communities In Texas
Here are the top retirement communities in Texas that are pet-friendly:
- Discovery Village At Twin Creeks
- Discovery Village At Dominion
- Discovery Village At Southlake
- Discovery Village At Castle Hills
- Discovery Village At Alliance Town Center
Experience Discovery Village At Twin Creeks
Discovery Village At Twin Creeks is a world-class retirement community with the best resort-style amenities. We offer you comfortable and cozy apartment homes to live in. Located in the northeast of Dallas, this is a great place for you to spend your golden years. Our goal is to provide quality senior living for individuals who want to keep active and engaged. Our dedicated team is here to meet all of your needs. We are a pet-friendly community so we welcome your pets too. Feel free to contact us for more information!