Retirement is a necessary phase of life that we all must go through. After we’ve worked so hard in our earlier years, we all look forward to spending our twilight years in bliss, living a relaxed lifestyle. Perhaps you’re even retired at the moment and want a more leisurely, low-stressed lifestyle? There are plenty of alternatives available to you and living in a 55+ community is an option to consider.
You can decide to move into a community of peers with like minds, same interests, and activities, and people of the same generation. If you’re interested in learning more about our 55+ communities, reach out to Discovery Village online or call us at .
What Are 55+ Communities?
55+ communities are communities designed for people aged 55 and above. They can also be referred to as a retiree community. To achieve a slow-paced lifestyle, some people decide to live in 55+ communities. These communities are age-restricted, meaning residents have to meet the age requirement of 55 and above to live in these communities.
Living in these communities will not seem like you’re losing your independence. Rather, the independent living that’s offered is all about making your life easier. As we grow older, physical limitations set in, and you might not have the ability to keep up with all of your activities. You find out that things you’ve done by yourself without help may now require you to get help. Accepting help will help you focus your strength on other activities that are more important to you.
We encourage families to become immersed in the community. However, the primary decision-making lies with the resident. Family members can visit with their loved ones and enjoy the variety of amenities offered throughout the community.
Things to Expect in a 55+ Community
Most 55+ communities, also referred to as senior communities, offer a range of activities and social events. They tailor these activities to your needs and interests, from sports and fitness programs to gardening, book clubs, cards, crafts, and adult education classes. Many residents discover that they’re more bubbly and social when they relocate to a senior community, where they feel fit, merry, and less lonely.
The range of amenities and services offered makes life easier than living alone. The services range from housekeeping to meal preparation and home maintenance. Life in independent living is easygoing. Residents are encouraged to take part in different activities, where the chance to meet new people and make friends that feel like family is available.
Benefits of Moving Into a 55+ Community for Retirement Living
Living in a 55+ community offers amazing benefits! Here are some of them:
- Improved social life
- Say goodbye to housekeeping, home maintenance, and the woes of homeownership
- Most 55+ communities offer an all-inclusive lifestyle, where you are fully included in community activities that give you the mental satisfaction you need
- Availability of services and amenities to promote healthy living
- Top security and safety, giving residents and their families peace of mind
- Arranged opportunities to discover new hobbies and interests.
- Getting help in a 55+ community is easy
Programs and Services at Discovery Village
Our programs and services at Discovery Village include:
- Independent Senior Living – Designed for active seniors. Spacious apartments. Lots of activities and amenities.
- Senior Assisted Living – Help with mobility, bathing, eating, medication, continence, laundry, etc.
- SHINE® Memory Care – Specialized care for seniors with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- Respite Care – Short-term stays. These services are for seniors who are recovering from illness/injury/surgery or to provide a break for caregivers.
Our community locations include the following:
- Discovery Village At Alliance Town Center
- Discovery Village At Boynton Beach
- Discovery Village At Castle Hills
- Discovery Village At Deerwood
- Discovery Village At Dominion
- Discovery Village At Melbourne
- Discovery Village At Naples
- Discovery Village At Palm Beach Gardens
- Discovery Village At Sandhill
- Discovery Village At Sarasota Bay
- Discovery Village At Southlake
- Discovery Village At Stuart
- Discovery Village At Tampa Palms
- Discovery Village At The Forum
- Discovery Village At Twin Creeks
- Discovery Village At Westchase
- Discovery Village At West End
Learn More at Discovery Village
At Discovery Village, we offer senior living communities throughout the U.S. Moving into a retirement community can be the best decision for seniors who are ready for a change. Let us show you around one of our senior living communities today and help you make your retirement fun, exciting, and stress-free. Contact us online or call us at to schedule an appointment with experts at any of our centers.