Nowadays, retirement is more of a transitional period than a period to relax. Active older adults desire a life full of experiences, pursuits, and offerings that enhance their appreciation of life’s simple pleasures on a daily basis and the demand is great. Between now and 2030, 10,000 Baby Boomers are anticipated to reach retirement age, according to US Census data. This rise has so far sparked the creation of a number of innovative new technologies that make thriving in a retirement community in Florida simpler than ever. Read on for a quick overview of what the world of senior living will look like in 2022.
2022 Retirement Community Trends in Florida
One way that senior living is evolving is through the use of new names by numerous communities. Instead of Continuing Care Retirement Communities, some communities want to be referred to as Retirement Communities. In 2022, retirement communities will place a strong emphasis on an active and engaging lifestyle focused on holistic wellbeing, as well as a broad spectrum of supportive services. Communities constantly look for innovative methods to improve the lives of their residents in order to assist them in making the most of their golden years by introducing new programs, services, and amenities.
These typical amenities and services offered by retirement communities include:
- Refresh in the spa and heated pool.
- Maintain your fitness at the modern workout facility.
- In the art studio or carpenter’s shop, create a masterpiece.
- Take advantage of a session with an on-site, full-time personal trainer.
- In the Wellness Center, assess your health.
- Enjoy delectable food cooked by a chef.
- Take advantage of a salon treatment to maintain personal grooming.
- Learn something new at a cultural event.
- Wake up with a cup of coffee and some pals at the grand dining hall.
- Purchase a gift for a friend from the gift shop.
- Challenge yourself in the pool hall.
- Explore the libraries which contain books in large print and audiobooks.
- Watch a performance at the community theater.
- Improve your abilities in the woodshop.
- Grilling and patio space outside are available for entertaining guests.
- In the technology center, stay current with the latest news, entertainment, and sports updates.
Therapy and Counseling
More communities today provide psychiatric counseling, therapy services of many kinds. Professionals are being hired by communities, including geriatric care managers, fine chefs, nutritionists, and personal trainers to help facilitate the different services.
Mental and Physical Health
To encourage comprehensive health for the mind, body, and spirit, many communities provide a variety of holistic wellness programs. These programs typically include elements for lifelong learning and education. Exercise courses are led by a trainer, or they are run using a variety of apps and gadgets. Older adults along with their families can participate in intergenerational programs to learn about nutrition and food.
Personal emergency response systems are implemented which enable residents to take charge while simultaneously alerting personnel to issues, keeping residents safe. You can discover technology that is appropriate for residents in retirement communities, such as laptops and cellphones with large buttons for easier use. These kinds of gadgets have paved the way for recent innovations like telemedicine, smart pillboxes, and wearable heart monitors for health monitoring.