What’s healthier? Eating in a restaurant or having gourmet meals at home? Truth be told, gourmet meals served at home can be highly delicious and nutritious. Not only that, you stand a better chance that they will cater to any specific dietary restrictions. No matter how many times you tell your server that you’re allergic to citrus, when that food comes to your table, it’s almost guaranteed there will be a slice of orange or lemon used as a decorative touch.
Not everyone associates homestyle cooking with gourmet. Here, we are going to take a look at how gourmet food and homestyle cooking go together, and why it is particularly beneficial for your loved ones who are at retirement age and over.
Gourmet Home Food – What Is It?
If something takes a little extra time to prepare – food and drink, specifically – it may be referred to as gourmet home food. Additionally, it may be hard to shop at regular grocery stores for the marginally exotic ingredients contained within meals such as this. Their origin may be limited to certain places. The flavor is unique. You will also likely find an interesting blend of spices and herbs, or not usually experienced tastes, added to these foods.
Gourmet Home Food Health Benefits
Everyone should eat healthily. But as people age, it becomes even more important that your loved ones get the nutrition, vitamins, minerals, etc. they need to stay healthy, happy, and fit. For those who enjoy gourmet home food on a regular basis, some of the following health benefits can be experienced:
- Comfortable eating times – no feeling rushed
- You stand a better chance of cultivating healthy eating habits
- Less chance of food poisoning
- Maintain a balanced diet
- Control food quantity
- Avoid allergic foods or food sensitivities
- Healthy methods and ingredients are used in the preparation
The Differences between Regular Food and Gourmet Food
Let’s take a look at how regular food differs from what we are referring to as gourmet home food:
- Particularly compared to restaurant food, gourmet meals use the freshest, best, farm-raised, organically grown ingredients.
- To make a gravy or sauce, powders, stock cubes, or commercial stocks are usually used in a restaurant. However, to make an oven prepared, scrumptious stock, saucier roast veal bones are used in the gourmet home food style of cooking.
- The techniques and knowledge used in gourmet home food cooking – particularly compared to a restaurant – get the absolute most out of the freshest and finest ingredients.
At Discovery Village At Stuart, Every Meal Is Prepared by a Professional Chef
There are numerous amenities to be enjoyed at Discovery Village At Stuart – gourmet, chef-prepared meals being only one of them. The freshest ingredients are used whenever possible by our chef, and if your loved one has dietary restrictions, it’s never a problem. Our goal is to see to it that all our residents eat healthily and happily. This, in turn, helps encourage both mental and physical wellness.
Please contact us at 772-362-9204 to speak to a representative regarding sales and leasing. Other questions can be directed to 772-247-5400. You can also use our convenient online form to open the lines of communication.
Even better yet, schedule a tour so you can see for yourself all we have to offer.