When a loved one starts to require more assistance than what can be offered at home, it can be difficult on the entire family. This is especially true while providing care for family members who suffer from dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Since their requirements are so distinct and frequently more fragile, it can be challenging to handle the demands of their care. You might find solace in the fact that there is a specialized category of senior living that caters to these requirements. Here are some advantages of memory care in Kings Point, FL for those with memory-related conditions.
What is Memory Care?
Memory care communities are manned by professionally trained team members who offer specialized support and round-the-clock care to residents with Alzheimer’s and dementia. Your loved one has plenty of opportunity to find meaning and joy in life in a secure setting. Even while not all memory care communities are comparable, they can generally anticipate:
- Separate or adjacent apartments
- Snacks and meals
- Medication administration
- Assistance with daily living activities like feeding, toileting, dressing, grooming, and showering
- Physical and cognitive therapy
- Fitness classes
- Community activities
- Housekeeping and laundry services
Memory Care Options
You can choose the memory care community that will best meet your loved one’s needs from a variety of options. Each of the two most popular choices has significant advantages and differences.
A memory care program facilitated within an assisted living community offers the following benefits:
- Your loved one might first go into assisted living and then later transition into memory care.
- Couples may be able to stay together even if one partner has a memory-related condition while the other does not.
- The population may be lower in a neighborhood with fewer residents for greater support.
Every aspect of a standalone memory care community has been planned with residents with dementia in mind since it is dedicated for them. Benefits can include:
- Safe living spaces that are kept simple for residents to find their way around.
- Using color and lighting to create a tranquil, comfortable atmosphere.
- A regular daily schedule, frequently with the same caregivers.
- For more personalized care, a low resident-team ratio is maintained.
Values of Memory Care
Our memory care community offers an enriching daily living experience, which is devoted to satisfying the individual needs of residents in body, mind, and spirit. Our team works together to ensure that each resident realizes their full potential in each of the following areas:
- Body – Promoting physical health and wellbeing through a balanced and wholesome diet and regular exercise opportunities. As we slant toward the conveniences that inevitably emerge from the regular, we also offer fresh opportunities.
- Mind – Establishing a rapport based on mutual respect, assisting residents in maintaining a sense of connection to their life story, and fostering the development of their special talents and abilities.
- Spirit – Honoring the human spirit by giving residents several opportunities throughout the week to commemorate life’s accomplishments and take time to contemplate.
- Community – Embracing the advantages of communal life and assisting residents in creating new friendships while maintaining ties to their valued loved ones.
The real benefit of specialized memory care is that it fosters a supportive and thriving atmosphere for your loved one while giving families the peace of mind they deserve.