Senior Citizens no longer need to fear getting older or being alone. At Discovery Villages, our supportive communities and luxury lifestyles give you the support you need to be your most vibrant self, so you can actively and joyfully engage again in the world around you.
“Courage is being scared to death…and saddling up anyway.” –John Wayne
After the American Civil War, the cattle drive created the cowboy in the late 19th Century and lasted up until the Mexican Revolution in 1920.
The American Wild West took place just West of the Mississippi River. See if you can name any of these real Wild West Legends. (Answers to trivia questions are at the bottom.)
Real Legends of the West Trivia
- Who grew up in East Tennessee and was known as the “King of the Wild Frontier?” He was also an American frontiersman, folk hero, politician and soldier.
- She was amazingly talented as a sharpshooter and exhibition shooter. Who starred in Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show?
- He was a legendary figure of the Wild West who was a bank/train robber, murderer, and gang leader. Who was this?
- He was a central figure in the Tombstone, Arizone shootout. He was also a Sheriff, Marshall and Gambler. Who was this?
- She was an American outlaw associated with the James-Younger gang. Who was nicknamed “the bandit queen?”
- She was an American frontierswomen who got her nickname from rescuing Captain Egan from an ambush. Later Egan pronounced her as “heroine of the plains.” Also known as a sharpshooter, prostitute, prospector and gambler. Who was this?
Classic Western Movie Trivia
Watching Western Movies based on The Wild West is an All American pastime. In 1903, Edward S. Porter directed the first Western silent film, The Great Train Robbery, and a new genre of films was born.
See if you can answer this Classic Western Movie Trivia. (Answers to these questions are at the bottom.)
- This 1956 John Ford movie was filmed in Monument Valley, Utah starring John Wayne, Natalie Wood and Jeffrey Hunter. What was it?
- Gary Cooper plays Will Cane, a marshal who defends his town from a gang of dangerous bandits by himself in this 1952 Western Classic. What was it?
- John Wayne received his only Oscar for this famous novel turned western classic movie. What was it?
- Who played “The Good” in the 1966 Spaghetti Western classic, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly directed by Sergio Leone?
- Who played the western legends, Butch and Sundance, the likable buddy duo in this comical Western movie, Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid?
- Lee Marvin hams it up in this John Ford 1962 masterpiece. What was it?
- Howard Hawks directed this 1948 classic western movie. John Wayne starred as Thomas Dunson and said, “We brought nothing into this world and it’s certain we can carry nothing out.” What was it?
- This classic western movie was the first of nine films shot in Monument Valley, Utah by director John Ford. It was also the first of many collaborations between Ford and John Wayne. What 1939 movie was this?
- Who plays the drifter who settles down in a homesteading community only to be dragged into a conflict between ranchers and settlers, in order to come to the aid of his family, in this 1953 classic western?
- Clint Eastwood played the lead role in this movie, where he said, “When I get to likin’ someone, they ain’t around long.” Actor Chief Dan George played Lone Watie and replied, “I notice when you get to DISlikin’ someone they ain’t around for long neither.” What 1976 western classic movie was this?
Real Legends of the West Trivia Answers
- Davie Crocket; 2. Annie Oakley ; 3. Jesse James ; 4. Wyatt Earp ; 5. Bella Star; 6. Calamity Jane
Classic Western Movies Trivia Answers
- The Searchers; 2. High Noon; 3. True Grit; 4. Clint Eastwood; 5. Paul Newman: Butch Cassidy and Robert Redford: The Sundance Kid; 6. The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance; 7. Red River; 8. StageCoach; 9. Alan Ladd; 10. The Outlaw Josey Wales
How did you do with this Western Trivia? Does it make you want to watch some Western Classic Movies? At Discovery Villages, our wonderful communities give Senior Citizens the opportunities to actively reminisce and engage in fun social activities and events that suit a variety of hobbies and interests. Come visit us today and see how we can support your lifestyle.
Discovery Villages is a world-class senior living community. We offer a variety of living options for your needs, including Supervised Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care.
Discovery Village At Tampa Palms offers a variety of senior living programs to keep seniors healthy and active. Learn about our senior living options and amenities today when you contact us at 813.605.2400