Through the years, you’ve probably heard it more than once. But in case you haven’t, what’s the most important meal of the day? Answer: breakfast. That’s why we’re going to introduce you to some fantastic breakfast ideas for loved ones. If your mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, etc. is getting up in years and you feel they’re just not getting the nutrition they should from the meals they are eating, the following information is for you – and them.
The benefits of this first meal of the day are many:
- Support overall health
- Reduce the risk of some conditions such as heart disease, type II diabetes, etc.
- Improve concentration and increase energy levels, and much more
As an important part of an older individual’s nutrition, breakfast should never be skipped. But how do you keep breakfast exciting while still making it nutritious? We’re going to offer some suggestions.
Ideas for Breakfast
Here are some suggestions to incorporate into your breakfasts:
- Meal one – Peel a couple of hard-boiled eggs, so your loved one doesn’t have to, and add a side of fruit.
- Meal two – Use yogurt, fruit, spinach, and whatever else your loved one likes to make a delicious smoothie.
- Meal three – Use cherry tomatoes and avocado (just a suggestion for the topping) on a whole-grain bagel.
- Meal four – Include a piece of either whole-grain toast or your loved one’s favorite but healthy bread item presented with a veggie omelet.
- Meal five – Use seeds or nuts and fruit to top off a scrumptious bowl of oatmeal. Use low-fat or nonfat milk if your loved one likes it.
Additional Breakfast Tips
- For women, approximately 26g per day and for men, approximately 36g per day of sugar should be all your loved one eats. This comes to us courtesy of the AHA (American Heart Association).
- When it comes to breakfast, a versatile ingredient that plays a huge role in a balanced diet is fruit. (but watch the sugar content)
- Don’t forget the vegetables. Incorporating vegetables into a smoothie or choosing onions, peppers, mushrooms, spinach, etc. into an omelet is a great way for your loved one to get vegetables for breakfast.
- Good sources of lean protein are seeds, nuts, yogurt, and eggs.
- When incorporating English muffins, cereals, oatmeal, waffles, toast, and bagels, look for whole-grain varieties.
Enjoy Three Nutritious and Delicious Meals a Day at Discovery Village At Palm Beach Gardens
Courtesy of our Sensations Dining program, our mealtimes are exciting. Our catered dining program not only offers three of the most nutritious and delicious meals you can find – every day – but your days of cleaning up after cooking are over. In the comfort of a lovely dining room, you can enjoy every meal, or, if you wish, enjoy a little privacy in your room. Our expert culinary team creates the meals, and our conscientious team members serve them to you. You may see the favorite dish of a fellow resident served one night, and Southern comfort foods the next night. There is always something to look forward to where mealtime is concerned.
Call with any questions you may have or, better yet, schedule a tour. See for yourself – the living is easy and socialization opportunities abound at Discovery Village At Palm Beach Gardens.