Discovery Village At Deerwood is one of the top places that you would want to live in if you’re located in Jacksonville. Our location is remarkable as we are conveniently located around 11 miles away from Jacksonville’s famous downtown riverfront area and 11 miles away from the Atlantic beaches. With natural sights like these all around, you can be sure to feel peaceful living in our community. Our retirement community in Jacksonville will make you spoilt for choice in your golden years.
Jacksonville is a city located on the Atlantic coast of Florida. This is the ideal location for any traveler due to the variety of things that you can do. However, this is the best location for those who enjoy being in the outdoors, enjoy eco-adventures and love being surrounded by nature. This is the largest city in the Sunshine State, which means there is always something new for you to do when you’re around.
Recreational Parks in Jacksonville
The parks of Jacksonville are suited for diverse populations, meeting the needs of people from all ages and with all abilities. Even if you are wheelchair bound, you can be assured that these recreational parks will still be enjoyable for you because there is always something for someone!
- Fort George Island: Get a taste of history and boating as you travel through the tidal waters
- Neptune Beach: This is the place to be for larger families, which includes playground for kids and has a weekly farmers market.
Popular Arts & Entertainment in Jacksonville
Jacksonville’s art and culture scene is not one to be trifled with. There is a unique blend of festivals, live music, art events and exhibitions that are always on display for you to enjoy at the following sites:
- Jacksonville Performing Arts Center: Catch popular Broadway shows here. Located along the Riverbank, this this was known as the First Coast’s premiere riverfront entertainment facility
- Florida Theatre: This is a historic American movie theatre located in Jacksonville. Aside from appreciating the art, enjoy the architecture as well because this had opened in 1927!
Recommended Dining and Shopping Outlets in Jacksonville
- 13 Gypsies: This restaurant serves Spanish tapas, where everything on the menu is handmaid. The highlight of their menu would be their risotto.
- Angie’s Subs: Over here, be sure to get the popular Peruvian sub
- Azurea: If you’re someone who enjoys more upscale dining, this is the place for you. Their long line catch 3 ways is extremely fresh and prepared in a great variety of ways.
Why Choose Discovery Village At Deerwood?
There are a multitude of reasons why Discovery Village At Deerwood is the place for you. Aside from having an experienced team who is well-equipped to handle every need of yours, we also have an extensive range of amenities for you to enjoy. You will build new friendships, socialize and have the time of your life in your golden years.