At Discovery Village, we understand the challenges people with dementia face. When your loved one enters our memory care community, our goal is to guide them along a journey of discovery in all they do. Our nurses and certified nurse assistants, with ongoing education and specialized training in memory care diseases, chart a course of exploration for them that touches on various important aspects of life. Our program is designed to rebuild and preserve that which their affliction has taken from them. From quality meals to personalized care and attention, you can rest easy knowing your family members are in the best hands, receiving the best care. You have our word on it.
Learn more about our memory care program by reaching out to Discovery Village at 321-320-6933.
What Are Memory Care Communities?
Individuals with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease need an extra level of care. Memory care programs provide long-term care designed to meet the needs of these residents through supervised care, assistance with daily living, and medical monitoring. They typically involve purpose-driven activities that enrich the lives of residents.
Some of the benefits of memory care programs include the assistance of specially trained team members, the peace of mind that comes with knowing your loved one is in a safe, secure environment, and opportunities for residents to interact and socialize. If you have considered a memory care program for your loved one, Discovery Village At Melbourne offers high-quality care at our luxurious, comfortable Melbourne location.
Our Memory Care Community
SHINE® Memory Care is exclusively available in Discovery Village communities nationwide. SHINE® is our deeply personalized approach to memory care, which uses scientific principles to promote engagement, comprehension, and lifestyle quality for seniors living with dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease and other memory-related issues.
SHINE® incorporates six individual points of focus to create a holistic plan that ensures each resident’s care program is tailored to their needs and abilities—a plan that will have the most impact in supporting and enriching their health by providing the opportunity to live their best life every day. These points of focus include communication with loved ones, extensive team member training, a handcrafted “My Story” book for each resident, nutritious dining experiences, life enrichment through activities, and a safe, secure neighborhood design.
Learn more about the services and amenities we incorporate into our memory care program:
Independence, Confidence, and Self-Esteem
- Celebrating each small success one at a time
- Encouraging active participation in all activities of daily living
- Focusing on strengths rather than limitations
- Promoting physical exercise, stimulating mental activity, and helping to maintain social and religious contacts
Discover Dining Delights
- Providing nutrient-dense gourmet meals to promote overall good health
- Encouraging active participation in dining with assistance provided as needed
- Serving meals in a calm and quiet environment at the same time each day allowing residents to focus on eating
- Providing “Food on the Run” for residents who are no longer able to focus on mealtime or frequently wander
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
- Providing purpose-driven activities in small groups or on a one-to-one basis
- Gearing activities to residents’ present abilities and time of day
- Providing activities that are noncompetitive, failure-free, and age-appropriate
- Planning activities that match residents’ attention span
Friendships and Belonging
- Providing active participation and support in personal care activities to maintain a maximum sense of control and independence
- Promoting personal care activities because they define how a person is perceived by their peers, family, and friends
- Encouraging work/productive activities to provide a sense of personal success and worth
- Providing play/leisure activity to promote friendships and pleasure
Contact Discovery Village At Melbourne Today
Learn more about Discovery Village’s memory care community in Melbourne, FL by contacting us online or over the phone. Our team members can answer your questions, schedule a tour, and help you decide if our memory care program is right for your loved one. Reach out at 321-320-6933 or by using our secure online form, and find out how to join the Discovery community today.