We’re Nationally Recognized for Our Approach to Memory Care
At Discovery Village, we recognize the different challenges faced by people with dementia. When they step foot in our Memory Care community, we’ll provide proper guidance and support through an individual-oriented approach that’s rated the best within the nation.
Our SHINE® Memory Care curriculum has received a National Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association®, the country’s leading, voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research. The distinction is one that we share with a small and elite group of U.S. memory care providers. This attests to the true quality of SHINE®.
SHINE® is a personalized approach to memory care that is unique. It uses principles that are backed by Science to promote comprehension, participation, and quality of life for seniors living with dementia, including Alzheimer’s Disease and other conditions related to memory.
Our certified nurses and assistants along with continuous education and specialized memory care training, chart exploration programs for each resident that touch on different aspects which are essential in life. Our SHINE® Memory Care program is designed to restructure and preserve what illness has taken from them. From personalized care and attention to quality meals, you can rest easy knowing the needs of your family members are in great hands while they are given exceptional care. You have our word on it.
What Is the SHINE® Memory Care Program?
At Discovery Village At The West End, residents get to enjoy a warm and friendly environment with welcoming common areas, beautiful dining rooms and advanced activity centers. The environment that they enjoy naturally cultivates new, meaningful friendships. Individuals with dementia and/or Alzheimer’s disease deserve guidance and compassion, and our trained Memory Care experts will ensure this group of residents is given the right level of care they need.
Our SHINE® Memory Care Program offers long-term care that is designed to fulfill the needs of these residents through a supervised environment where assistance with daily living activities and medical monitoring are readily available. An array of activities is also planned to last an entire day to engage residents with something meaningful and full of purpose that enriches their lives.
Some of the benefits offered by memory care communities include the ready support provided by well-trained team members, the assurance that comes with knowing your loved one is in a safe, secure environment and the many social opportunities for residents to interact. If you have considered a memory care program a friend or family member, Discovery Village At The West End offers high-quality care in our luxurious, comfortable community.
The SHINE® Memory Care Program
Discover Independence, Confidence, and Self-Esteem
At Discovery Village senior living communities, we know the impact of the following:
- Celebrating each small success one at a time
- Encouraging active participation in all activities of daily living
- Focusing on strengths rather than limitations
- Promoting physical exercise, stimulating mental activity and helping to maintain social and religious contacts
Discover Dining Delights
- Highly-nutritious gourmet meals promote overall health
- Active involvement in dining with readily-available assistance
- A calm and quiet dining area for scheduled meals that allows residents to enjoy their food
- “Food on the Run” caters to residents who tend to lose focus during mealtimes or frequently wander
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
- Purpose-driven activities for individuals or in small groups
- Activities geared towards residents’ present abilities and time of day
- Activities that are non-competitive, failure-free and age-appropriate
- Opportunities that match residents’ attention spans
Discover Friendships and Belonging
- Active participation and support in personal care activities help residents regain their sense of control and independence over things
- Personal care programs that define the perception of an individual as seen by their family, friends, and peers
- Work or productive activities that offer provide a sense of worth and self-fulfillment
- Play or leisure activities that promote pleasure and friendships to increase quality of life
Contact Discovery Village At The West End Today
Our SHINE® Memory Care programs emphasize the following in their holistic, personalized treatment plans:
- Superior communication with residents and families
- Extensive training for our team members
- A handcrafted “My Story” book for each resident
- A dining experience that involves using subtle sciences to support appetite, awareness, interaction and participation
- Individual and group activities, sensory experiences and peaceful, comfortable moments
- Safe, secure neighborhoods created with your loved one’s convenience, health and happiness in mind
For more information on our SHINE® Memory Care Program and to experience the life of one of our residents, please contact a senior lifestyle coordinator to inquire about the “A Day in the Life” program. You can use our convenient online form or call us at 804.238.7209 . It would be our pleasure to speak with you about your loved one’s personal lifestyle needs. You can explore our facilities by scheduling a tour, and we’ll gladly answer any questions and address any concerns you may have.