At Discovery Village At The West End, we understand the challenges people with dementia face. When your loved one enters our memory care community in Richmond, our goal is to guide them along a journey of discovery in all they do. Our nurses and certified nurse assistants, with ongoing education and specialized training in memory care diseases, chart a course of exploration for them that touches on various important aspects of life. Our program is designed to rebuild and preserve that which their affliction has taken from them. From quality meals to personalized care and attention, you can rest easy knowing your family members are in the best hands and receiving the best care. You have our word on it.
Learn more about our memory care community in Richmond, VA by reaching out to Discovery Village at 804-375-4292.
What Are Memory Care Communities?
For seniors with Alzheimer’s or dementia, an extra level of care can be necessary. In a memory care program, you’ll find long-term care that meets these residents’ unique needs. Supervised care, assistance with daily living activities, and medical monitoring are just some of the principles of effective memory care programs. Additionally, many programs will incorporate purpose-driven activities to enrich the lives of residents.
What are the benefits of memory care programs? A specially trained team, peace of mind from knowing that your loved one is in a safe, comfortable environment, and numerous opportunities for socializing are among the many benefits of living in a memory care community.
At Discovery Village At The West End, you’ll find all that and more, including a host of resort-style amenities on our beautiful campus.
Contact us at 804-375-4292 to schedule a tour or learn more.
Our Memory Care Community
SHINE® Memory Care programs are exclusively available in Discovery Village communities nationwide. SHINE® is our deeply personalized approach to memory care. We use scientific principles to promote engagement, comprehension, and lifestyle quality for seniors living with dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease and other memory-related issues.
In our SHINE® Memory Care program, we focus on creating holistic plans for each resident. Every one of our residents has unique needs and abilities. By taking these into account, our team can make the greatest impact on each resident. Through extensive team member training, frequent communication with loved ones, a hand
crafted “My Story” book for each resident, nutritious dining experiences, life enrichment through activities, and a secure neighborhood design, your loved one will thrive.
The services and amenities we incorporate into our memory care program in Richmond, VA includes the following:
Independence, Confidence, and Self-Esteem
- We celebrate each small success
- Our team members encouraged active participation in all activities of daily living
- We focus on strengths rather than limitations
- Our seniors engage in physical exercise, stimulating mental activity, and opportunities for socializing
Discover Dining Delights
- Our culinary team provided nutrient-dense gourmet meals to promote overall good health
- Every resident is encouraged to actively participate in dining with assistance provided as needed
- Meals are served in a calm and quiet environment at the same time each day allowing residents to focus on eating
- We provide “Food on the Run” for residents who are no longer able to focus on mealtime or frequently wander
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
- We provide purpose-driven activities in small groups or on a one-to-one basis
- Every activity is geared to residents’ present abilities and time of day
- We plan activities that are noncompetitive, failure-free, and age-appropriate
- Our activities match residents’ attention spans
Friendships and Belonging
- We provide support in personal care activities to maintain a maximum sense of control and independence
- Our team promotes personal care activities because they define how a person is personally perceived by their peers, family, and friends
- Each resident is encouraged to engage in productive activities to provide a sense of personal success and worth
- We provide play/leisure activities to promote friendships and pleasure
Contact Discovery Village At The West End Today
Learn more about Discovery Village’s memory care community in Richmond, VA today. Our team is on hand to answer your questions, schedule a tour, and tell you more about our SHINE® Memory Care program. Contact us today at 804-375-4292.