A Timely, New Care Option
Functional Maintenance is for seniors whose needs are in transition or don’t fit within the normal care options for Assisted Living, Memory Care or Skilled Nursing. Whether its short term or long term, we have a personalized care option exclusively here at Discovery Village At Southlake.
Know When Functional Maintenance Fits
There are many factors to consider when transitioning from one care setting to another. Everything from therapeutic needs and specialized care, to room availability, Medicare regulations and financial considerations. When returning home, leaving Skilled Nursing, or remaining in Assisted Living aren’t viable or best-suited options, Functional Maintenance likely is.
Functional Maintenance Is the Perfect Solution for…
• Skilled Nursing patients who’ve been discharged, but who need additional recovery time and support before returning home
• Hospital patients who might not qualify for the 3-day stay, but who need extra support as they recover
• Seniors whose current, residential care needs may exceed the level or scope provided by traditional Assisted Living
Our dedicated home-like setting delivers privacy and comfort while our program helps in the restoration of strength and baseline physical capabilities. Your clients can be assured qualified, professional support team is on hand 24-hours a day.
In-house Functional Maintenance provides personalized exercise, activities programming, and comprehensive assistance with daily living activities.
Specific program highlights include:
Functional Maintenance Exercise
• Strength Training
• Fall Prevention
• Range of Motion
• Resistance Training
• Targeted Exercise & Activities
• Special Focus on Arms & Hands
State-of-the-Art Therapy Gym
• Senior specific equipment to meet health and fitness needs