With limited mobility comes limited independence, and Discovery Village At Sarasota Bay understands this. To allow our residents to have the highest quality of life possible, we offer them a wide range of transportation services tailored specifically to their individual needs and desires. Whether it’s a trip to the grocery store or the ability to get in and out of bed without assistance, our mobility assistance services can help seniors who are at risk of falling have the freedom they deserve within their own homes.
About Our Mobility Assistance Services
Our mobility assistance services are designed for people who rely on wheelchairs or scooters or who otherwise need help with their mobility to get around. We offer our assistance in navigating streets and paths, getting onto buses and helping with other transportation needs.
- Personal Care Services: Personal care allows ageing adults who are homebound or have disabilities that prevent them from receiving care at home to choose one of three different services to meet their needs. These services include assistance with activities of daily living, housekeeping and homemaker services, personal care assistance, meal preparation, transportation assistance and other similar services that help seniors remain independent.
- Safe And Accessible Spaces: One of our top priorities is ensuring that mobility assistance services for seniors and persons with disabilities are safe and accessible. This is especially important in terms of maneuvering wheelchairs, scooters, and walkers around.
- Built-In Accessibility Aids: To ensure our community members remain safe and healthy at all times, we’ve implemented several in-house mobility assistance services.
- Social Space Accessibility: When at Discovery Village At Sarasota Bay, our Mobility Assistance Service for seniors enables individuals with mobility issues to participate in social activities and enjoy all we have to offer.
- Transportation: With access to cars and wheelchair vans, we can deliver our seniors from place to place. And with additional wheelchair ramps, we can make it easier for them to get around outside their apartment.
Benefits of Having Mobility Assistance Services in Your Retirement Community
For many adults in their golden years, a life without mobility assistance is one that they don’t want to face. As our population continues to age and increase in size, we need accessible facilities and resources. Fortunately, several mobility assistance services are out there that can help older adults maintain their independence while still living at home. Without them, many seniors may feel trapped in their homes or apartments when they shouldn’t have to. In addition, mobility assistance services can also give them more peace of mind knowing that if an emergency should arise outside of their home, they can depend on another individual for help getting where they need to go.
When Should You Consider Moving into a Retirement Community?
You might want to consider moving into a senior living community if you’re losing your mobility or have been diagnosed with the condition that will limit your mobility. Moving is certainly an adjustment, but many older adults find it beneficial since they don’t have as much responsibility and can focus on living their best lives.
Why Choose Discovery Village At Sarasota Bay’s Retirement Community?
Discovery Village At Sarasota Bay is a premier assisted living and memory care community. We offer comfortable apartments and an array of life-enriching activities and amenities that provide enriching experiences for residents, including three delicious meals each day, housekeeping, transportation within our gated community or a five-mile radius, 24-hour staffing with security services, and more.
To learn more about our exclusive senior living programs at Discovery Village At Sarasota Bay, contact us at 941.216.1531 or schedule a tour to visit our beautiful grounds today!