Unexpected social opportunities are critical for connecting with new friends, making human connections that reduce stress. That’s why events are an essential part of retirement living. Discovery Village At Sarasota Bay offers a variety of free and low-cost activities every week. We help residents make plans to attend local cultural events, sports games, concerts, and even monthly house parties.
The calendar of events is an opportunity to socialize with your neighbors, catch up on current affairs, have a nice lunch or dinner with friends, learn new skills, and so much more.
About Our Fun and Engaging Senior Living Activities
Discovery Village At Sarasota Bay has something to offer for everyone! Check out our calendar of events and activities often to see what is happening in our vibrant community.
- Craft Classes: Craft classes are designed to entertain and educate guests of all ages. There’s something for everyone, including card making, sewing, scrapbooking, and painting classes. Crafts are an especially great choice for our younger visitors.
- Gardening Seminars: Each week session, gardening experts speak about specific gardening topics like organic gardening, fertilizers, pests, and more. Everyone is welcome to learn new information or pick up some tips on how to better their gardens.
- Exercise Programs: Because walking is one of our primary activities, it’s no surprise that walking programs are some of our most popular.
- Seasonal Celebrations: Our celebrations include a variety of themed activities, from Superhero Month to Mardi Gras! We also celebrate many holidays such as Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Memorial Day, and Independence Day.
- New Hobbies: We want to encourage our residents to take part in new hobbies that they never tried before or revisit hobbies they used to enjoy but gave up on overtime.
Benefits of Having Fun and Engaging Activities in Your Retirement Community
There are many benefits of having fun and engaging activities in your living community. One such benefit is that they can provide various health benefits that may lead to an increase in quality of life among older adults. They can also help improve socialization among individuals, which can improve overall wellness by reducing feelings of loneliness. Fun and engaging activities at Discovery Village At Sarasota Bay also help reduce stress, which is beneficial because chronic stress can damage both mental and physical health. By encouraging participation in these activities, you minimize potential negative effects on your health or prevent them altogether.
When Should You Consider Moving into a Retirement Community?
While moving into a living community might seem like an end to your independence, there are some situations where it can be beneficial. Make sure to weigh all of your options before making a decision. There is no one-size-fits-all for living communities, so take time to consider what is best for you and your loved ones. Asking yourself questions about why you want to move in and whether or not there are problems in your current home will help you determine if a move would be a good idea. For example, if mobility is becoming more difficult or you need increased care but prefer not to have it full-time, an assisted community is better.
Why Choose Discovery Village At Sarasota Bay’s Retirement Community?
Seniors often have difficulty leaving their homes, but they still want to have fun and stay engaged with their community. Fortunately, several activities can help your loved one be more independent while having a great time. Your first stop should be Discovery Village At Sarasota Bay, an activity center designed specifically for aging adults! Our friendly staff is trained in memory care and Alzheimer’s disease; we will work hard to keep your loved one safe and engaged every step of the way!
To learn more about our exclusive senior living programs at Discovery Village At Sarasota Bay, contact us at 941.216.1531 or schedule a tour to visit our beautiful grounds today!