We are proud to say that our social environment is unique and safe. If you are looking to relocate to South Florida, you should look at our community, located just 15 minutes from downtown Sarasota. Our vibrant, close-knitted community, and sense of comradery among staff and residents make living at Discovery Village At Sarasota Bay extraordinary! The best part about moving into one of our beautiful retirement homes is you can still lead an active lifestyle while enjoying our fabulous amenities.
About Our Safe and Secure Neighborhoods
- Security Cameras: Our most important security feature is our electronic surveillance system, complete with numerous cameras and video monitoring stations.
- Motion Activated Lights: Motion Activated Lights should be one of your first upgrades to any home security system. You never know when someone will try to break into your home so being prepared is crucial.
- Security Fencing or Gating: This is a physical barrier that keeps people out, and in some cases, it can keep pets out. Security fences and gates are usually made of metal or wood, depending on your preferences. An advantage of fencing is that it can add to your property value.
- Security Lighting: Security lighting installed around your home provides extra peace of mind. The motion detectors are activated by movement, which turns on lights to discourage criminals from breaking in or loitering around your home.
- Emergency Response Systems: In an emergency, a resident can contact security from any location by pressing a button that immediately signals a response team to their exact location.
Benefits of Having Safe and Secure Neighborhoods in Your Senior Living Community
Safe and secure neighborhoods in a senior living community add to your happiness, comfort, and convenience. If you will stay in a retirement village, it is great to know that you have a sense of security in your neighborhood. The safety factor is huge for many aging adults because they often don’t want to leave their homes or yard. Knowing that your neighborhood is safe can allow you to go out more often and enjoy all life has to offer, from shopping with friends, visiting new places, or seeing events.
When Should You Consider Moving into a Senior Living Community?
If you cannot live independently anymore, but you don’t require around-the-clock care, then a senior living community might be a good option. In most cases, independent living is designed for those who can still take care of themselves and have some daily tasks that they need help with, such as meals and transportation. Because of these responsibilities—as well as occasional housekeeping or janitorial duties—these communities offer a great deal of structure. Assisted living communities also give caregivers a place to stay to provide hands-on support when needed.
Why Choose Discovery Village At Sarasota Bay?
We are one of Florida’s largest independent retirement communities with beautifully designed one and two-bedroom apartments, an on-site restaurant, a fitness center, a salon, and more. Our premier location puts you within walking distance to fine dining, shopping centers, and transportation around Venice Island.
To learn more about our exclusive senior living programs at Discovery Village At Sarasota Bay, contact us at 941.216.1531 or schedule a tour to visit our beautiful grounds today!