One reason you should consider Discovery Village At Westchase is because of our strategic location within Hillsborough County, FL. Here, you will have all the amenities, services, and modern conveniences you need right at your doorstep, whether you are a homebody or like getting out and about.
About Senior Living in Hillsborough County
As the fourth most populous county in Florida, Hillsborough County has also earned the distinction of being the most populous Floridian county outside the Miami metropolitan area. The county seat and largest city in Hillsborough County is Tampa. A wide range of museums, libraries, recreational parks, and shopping outlets can be found here.
Senior Living Recreational Parks Around Hillsborough County
Many recreational parks can be found within Hillsborough County. Whether you wish to take a leisurely walk on the beachfront, have a picnic in a green oasis, or be surrounded by wildlife, you can do so at the following parks:
- Alafia River Corridor Nature Preserve: Do you feel the calmest when you are surrounded by flora and fauna? If so, the Alafia River Corridor Nature Preserve is the perfect place to be. This 4,070-acre preserve comprises many different types of habitats where you can expect to spot wildlife species such as gopher tortoises.
- Brooker Creek Headwaters Nature Preserve: Located in Odessa, FL, this 1,221-acre nature preserve features a marked hiking trail that will take you through a variety of natural areas.
Popular Senior Living Arts & Entertainment Near Hillsborough County
The arts & entertainment scene in Hillsborough County is sure to have something for everyone. Check out the libraries, museums, theaters, and galleries you can find here:
- 78th Street Community Library: This library is located in Tampa and makes the perfect place to spend a quiet Saturday morning. Events such as computer training classes take place here regularly.
- Henry B. Plant Museum: This highly-rated Victorian railroad resort museum can be found in Tampa and features 14 exhibit rooms.
- Florida Museum of Photographic Arts
- Tampa Theater
- … and more!
Recommended Senior Living Dining and Shopping Outlets Near Hillsborough County
There’s no better cure than retail therapy when you need to relax the mind and spoil yourself. Check out these shipping and dining outlets in Hillsborough County:
- Westfield Brandon: This shopping center offers a good range of retail outlets and full-service restaurants. Stores you can find here include Books-A-Million, JCPenney, Dillard’s, and Brandon Jeweller’s. You can pop by Charley’s Philly Steaks, P. F. Chang’s China Bistro, or Red Robin Gourmet Burgers when you are feeling hungry.
- The Shops At Wiregrass
- Hyde Park Village
- … and more!
Best Schools Near Our Senior Living Community in Hillsborough County
Hillsborough County boasts a wide range of educational institutions that cater to school going children of all ages:
- Alafia Elementary School
- Westchase Elementary School
- Monroe Middle School
- Progress Village Middle School
- Tampa Bay Technical High School
- … and more!
Why Choose Discovery Village At Westchase for Senior Living?
When transitioning to senior living, location can make or break your decision to move into any specific community. Discovery Village At Westchase is conveniently situated within Hillsborough County, FL, where you can easily access all the modern conveniences you need to live a happy and healthy life.
To learn more about living in Discovery Village At Westchase, feel free to contact us today.