Location is one crucial aspect to consider when choosing a senior living community to move into. Discovery Village At Westchase is located in Tampa, FL, putting us in close proximity with neighboring counties including Pasco County. You can find all the recreational opportunities and modern conveniences you need within this area.
About Pasco County
Named after Samuel Pasco, Pasco County is located on the west central coast of Florida. Its county seat is Dade city and its largest city is New Port Richey. A variety of beaches and recreational parks can be found within the county, and visitors can enjoy activities including jet skiing, kayaking, canoeing, and more.
Recreational Parks Around Pasco County
When you are looking to take a break from city life, you can do so at in one of the many recreational parks throughout Pasco County, including:
- Boy Scout Preserve: With 0.3 miles of hiking trails, this preserve is a former camping ground and is perfect for bird watching.
- Turtle Lake Park: This park offers fishing access, basketball courts, and tennis fields in an open space.
- Jay B. Starkey Wilderness Park: Covering 8,300 acres of land, this wilderness park offers camping areas, equestrian trails, multi-purpose trails, and so much more.
Popular Arts & Entertainment Near Pasco County
Pasco County will not disappoint if you are looking to explore a museum, check out some great art, or attend a show. Below are some popular arts & entertainment venues not to miss:
- Richey Suncoast Theater: Looking for a traditional theater experience? The Richey Suncoast Theater is right up your alley.
- The Haunted Angelus House: If you are looking to get your adrenaline pumping, check out this haunted house located on Hudson Avenue.
- B Creative Painting Studio: This family-friendly studio in Wesley Chapel offers pottery, glasses, and canvas painting classes.
Recommended Dining and Shopping Outlets Near Pasco County
Pasco County takes retail therapy to a whole new level. When you have gotten in your shopping fix, you can satisfy your cravings at one of the many dining outlets available. Be sure to check out these shopping centers:
- Grove At Wesley Chapel: The retail outlets here include a combination of big chains and village shops. Check out Old Navy and Dick’s Sporting Goods alongside village favorite Highland Axe Throwing, a venue where you can grab a few drinks and throw some axes.
- Lakeside Village: Featuring a good selection of restaurants and department stores, you can satisfy your cravings at Pizzeria Valdiano, Thai Oishi, or Gaskins BBQ & Lobster when you are done shopping at Books-A-Million, Francesca’s, and Kirkland’s.
Best Schools Near Pasco County
Pasco County is home to a wide range of educational institutions, including:
- Gulf Highlands Elementary School
- Pine View Middle School
- Cypress Creek High School
- Gulf High School
- Trinity College of Florida
- Saint Leo University
- … and more!
Why Choose Discovery Village At Westchase?
We understand that when making the move to senior living, location can be one of the factors that make or break your decision. Come to Discovery Village At Westchase and explore all that our conveniently situated location has to offer.
To learn more about living in Discovery Village At Westchase, feel free to contact us today.