Looking to relocate to a senior living community near Pinellas County, FL? If so, consider Discovery Village At Westchase as one of your top choices. We are conveniently situated in Tampa, FL, putting our residents within close proximity of surrounding counties including Pinellas County and Pasco County.
About Senior Living in Pinellas County
As part of the Tampa-St Petersburg-Clearwater metropolitan area, Pinellas County is home to approximately 916,500 residents as per the 2010 census. St Petersburg, located within Pinellas County, is the largest city in Florida that’s not a county seat.
Senior Living Recreational Parks Around Pinellas County
Pinellas County is home to many nature preserves and recreational parks where you can spend your time observing wildlife and just unwinding. Be sure to check out these parks:
- Brooker Creek Preserve: With a size of approximately 8,700 acres, you can find forested flatlands and pine flatwoods in this preserve. Native flora and fauna can be observed here and facilities include hiking and equestrian trails.
- Florida Botanical Gardens: This garden is perfect for sightseeing of local flora and exploring some of the natural habitats in Florida. The site is also home to a wedding garden and scenic landscapes.
Popular Senior Living Arts & Entertainment Near Pinellas County
If you are here for the arts & entertainment, Pinellas County will not disappoint. Below are some venues not to miss while you are here:
- Pinellas Arts Village: Home to a growing arts scene and many creative businesses, Pinellas Arts Village is the place to be to check out any arts-related events in the area.
- Painting With A Twist: Here, you can find plenty of fun events from trivia night to “paint your pet” sessions.
- SWARTZ Gallery: You can view a wide range of artwork including wildlife paintings and mixed media pieces in this gallery.
Recommended Senior Living Dining and Shopping Outlets Near Pinellas County
We can all use some retail therapy from time to time. These shopping centers boast a diverse range of shopping and dining outlets for you to enjoy:
- Wagon Wheel Flea Market: Looking to score a bargain or pick up some eclectic pieces? With more than 2,500 vendors selling a variety of merchandise, you can be sure to score some really unique buys here.
- Bealls Outlet: This outlet stocks a wide range of clothes, makeup products, accessories, bedding, towels, and more at up to 70% off department store prices.
- Westfield Countryside Shopping Center: Previously known as Countryside Mall, you can find everything you need in the 120 outlets offered here. When you are hungry, pop by Red Robin Gourmet Burgers or BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse for a quick fix.
Best Schools Near Our Retirement Community in Pinellas County
Higher education institutions and elementary to high schools alike can be found in Pinellas County. These include:
- Bay Point Elementary School
- Carwise Middle School
- Lakewood High School
- Palm Harbor University High School
- University of South Florida St Petersburg
- … and more!
Why Choose Discovery Village At Westchase for Senior Living?
Discovery Village At Westchase offers senior assisted living and memory care in our stunning location in Tampa, FL. There are plenty of area attractions to explore during your downtime and you can join us on one of our regularly scheduled trips, whether you prefer to shop till you drop or follow a hiking trail!
To learn more about living in Discovery Village At Westchase, feel free to contact us today.