When deciding on a senior living community to call home, location is one important consideration. Regardless of what your priorities are, be it having lush outdoor spaces to explore or having modern conveniences within close proximity, Tampa has got it all.
About Senior Living in Tampa
A major city on the Gulf Coast, Tampa is segmented into many neighborhoods including non-residential areas such as the Westshore Business District. Post-modern architecture dominates most of Tampa’s high-rise buildings and several landmarks can be found within the city, including the Sulphur Springs Water Tower.
Senior Living Recreational Parks Around Tampa
If you love to spend time unwinding in Mother Nature, you will want to check out these recreational parks in and around Tampa:
- Ballast Point Park: If you enjoy walking along the pier and witnessing beautiful sunsets, Ballast Point Park is the place to be. Facilities you can find here include splash pads, picnic areas, and a gazebo.
- Cypress Point Park: With beach grounds and a golf course available in this park, you can bask in the sun and unwind with a cool sea breeze blowing your way any day.
- … and many others including Cotanchobee Park and Copeland Park!
Popular Senior Living Arts & Entertainment Near Tampa
The arts & entertainment scene in Tampa is not to be beaten. Below are some venues and events to check out:
- Straz Center for the Performing Arts: Previously known as the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center, you can catch Broadway shows and many other performances here.
- Tampa Bay History Center
- Tampa Bay Museum of Art
- University of Tampa & H. B. Plant Museum
- … and more!
Recommended Senior Living Dining and Shopping Outlets Near Tampa
In and around Tampa, you really can shop till you drop – and when you are ready to drop, simply pop into one of the many dining outlets available for a break! Below is a list of dining and shopping outlets not to miss:
- At International Plaza and Bay Street, you can find stores including Burberry, Clarks, Banana Republic, and Claire’s. Some restaurants to check out include Brio Italian Grille, Earl of Sandwich, Sukihana, and Pokeworks.
- Westfield Citrus Park is located in North Tampa and features a wide range of outlets including Hollister, Hallmark, JCPenney, and Rack Room Shoes. Some dining outlets to check out are LC Cajun Grill and Tacos Gone Mobile.
Best Schools Near Our Senior Living Community in Tampa
Tampa has some of the best schools in Florida, catering to children of all ages. These include:
- Bryant Elementary School
- Roosevelt Elementary School
- Plant High School and Sickles High School, which has been awarded the College Success Award
- … and more!
Why Choose Discovery Village At Westchase for Senior Living?
Conveniently situated in Tampa, FL, Discovery Village At Westchase is the perfect choice if you are looking to relocate to a scenic location that offers all the conveniences of modern life. Our stunning campus and stylish amenities are not to be beaten either – join our community today and find out the difference we can make.
To learn more about living in Discovery Village At Westchase, feel free to contact us today.