Safety and security are highly important for individuals living with memory-related conditions. The agitation and confusion they experience can cause these individuals to become disorientated or untrusting and in such cases, having a secure location to call home can make all the difference. Discovery Village At Westchase offers a secure location and environment where our memory care residents can receive the personalized care they need to thrive.
About Our Secure Location
Routine is an important part of daily life for individuals living with dementia, especially if they struggle with Sundowner’s syndrome. When a predictable routine is introduced into a resident’s life, this can help to reduce the intensity of challenging behaviors and distressing symptoms. Our secure location takes this a step further by providing a safe space for our residents. You can expect the following from our secure location:
- Round-the-clock security presence onsite to ensure that no unauthorized figures can enter our campus
- Friendly, familiar faces around at all times
- A neighborhood that has been set up to provide the best of both consistency and security, including electronic security and visual cues for residents who tend to wander
Benefits of Having A Secure Location in Your Senior Living Community
With a secure location, our memory care residents can thrive in the following ways:
- Provide predictability and consistency in their daily routines
- Peace of mind for family members that their loved ones are well taken care of
- Reduced threats to personal safety that can be present when aging in place
- Increased ability to focus on cognitive stimulation activities and participation in daily living tasks, which can contribute to slowing down the onset of dementia
- … and more!
When Should You Consider Moving into a Senior Living Community?
If you or a loved one have mild to moderate dementia, you may be looking to decide on a long-term care option in advance. When you choose a memory care program in a senior living community, your loved one can benefit from round-the-clock care and attention catered towards their unique needs and abilities. If you are unable to provide the specialized care your loved one needs at home or their home is unsafe for them to live in given their condition, making the move to a senior living community that can provide all the amenities and services they need is the best choice.
Why Choose Discovery Village At Westchase?
Our award-winning SHINE® memory care program at Discovery Village At Westchase has been designed to preserve and rebuild all that their affliction has taken from your loved one. Here, you can expect to find compassionate and professional team members who have undergone extensive training in dementia care and continue to receive ongoing education regularly. The aim is to improve our residents’ lifestyle quality as well as comprehension and engagement levels. On top of that, we maintain regular communication with our residents’ family members so you never need to worry about anything. Your loved one is in safe and capable hands in our secure location – that is our promise to you.
To learn more about living in Discovery Village At Westchase, feel free to contact us today.