Many seniors who are ready to make the move to a senior living community benefit from memory care programs. These specialized programs include medical care, engaging activities, and a range of resort-style amenities to help every resident feel at home.
What Is SHINE® Memory Care?
SHINE® Memory Care is exclusively available in 36 Discovery Senior Living communities nationwide. This program involves a deeply personalized approach to memory care. Our team members use scientific principles to promote engagement, comprehension, and lifestyle quality for seniors living with dementia, including Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory-related conditions.
We incorporate six individual points of focus to create a holistic plan that ensures each resident’s care program is tailored to their needs and abilities. The goal of these care programs is to have the most impact in supporting and enriching their health by providing the opportunity to live their best life, every day.
What are the six points of focus? They include the following:
- Communication – A superior communication protocol closely links care providers, residents, and families
- Team member training – Every one of the SHINE® team members receives extensive, specialized training and certification, making them uniquely qualified to administer exceptional care
- My Story – We make each resident a handcrafted My Story book, which we use every day as a component of the care plan, helping engage residents by celebrating their life and individuality
- Dining – Our dining experience uses subtle sciences to stimulate appetite, interaction, awareness, and participation
- Life enhancement – Purpose-driven enrichment through group and one-on-one activities, sensory experiences, and quiet and relaxed moments
- Neighborhood design – Our senior living community was designed with safety and security, convenience and health and happiness in mind
Learn more about our memory care program by contacting Discovery Village At Westchase today at [DIrect].
Benefits of SHINE® Memory Care
In our SHINE® Memory Care program, our residents enjoy a host of benefits thanks to competent care from our team members. Our team helps the seniors in our care with all of the following:
Independence, Confidence, and Self-Esteem
- Residents celebrate every success, every day
- Team members encourage active participation in all the activities of daily living
- Discovery Village focuses on strengths rather than limitations
- In SHINE® Memory Care, we help with physical exercise, stimulating mental activity, and helping to maintain social and religious contacts
Discover Dining Delights
- We provide nutrient-dense gourmet meals to promote overall good health
- Our team members promote active participation in dining with assistance provided as needed
- Servers provide meals in a calm and quiet environment at the same time each day allowing residents to focus on eating
- We offer “Food on the Run” for residents who are no longer able to focus on mealtime or frequently wander
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
- Residents engage in purpose-driven activities in small groups or on a one-to-one basis
- We gear activities to residents’ present abilities and time of day
- Our full-time activities director creates activities that are noncompetitive, failure-free, and age-appropriate
- We plan activities that match residents’ attention span
Friendships and Belonging
- Our team provides active participation and support in personal care activities to maintain a maximum sense of control and independence
- We promote personal care activities because they define how a person is personally perceived by their peers, family, and friends
- Team members encourage work/productive activities to provide a sense of personal success and worth
- Residents are provided play/leisure activity to promote friendships
Residents of our senior living community enjoy a high quality of life at a great value. Reach out to us today to learn more.
Contact Discovery Village At Westchase Today
To learn more about SHINE® Memory Care, reach out to our team today. You’ll have peace of mind knowing that your loved one is in a safe, supportive environment. To speak to a senior living specialist and schedule a tour, contact us at 813-536-4723 today.