We’re Nationally Recognized for Our Approach to Memory Care
We understand all the challenges people with memory-related conditions faced daily. When your loved one enters our exclusive Memory Care program in our community, we will guide and support them using an approach that is person-centered, which is rated among the country’s very best.
Our SHINE® Memory Care program curriculum has earned a National Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association®, the country’s leading, voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research. The distinction is one that we share with a small and elite group of U.S. memory care providers.
SHINE® is a truly unique personalized approach to memory care that follows scientific principles to promote comprehension, engagement, and lifestyle quality for your loved ones living with dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease and other memory-related conditions.
With specialized training and ongoing education in memory care diseases, our nurses and certified nurse assistants will chart a course to explore the needs and wants of each resident in this program, which will touch on various, important aspects of life. Our SHINE® Memory Care program is designed to rebuild and preserve any form of memory and affliction that was taken from them. From well-prepared, quality meals to personalized care and attention, you can rest easy knowing that your loved one is in the best hands and receiving the finest quality care. We promise you that.
What Is the SHINE® Memory Care Program?
Residents with dementia and/or Alzheimer’s disease and other memory-related conditions truly deserve our guidance and compassion, and our expertly trained and dedicated Memory Care team members will ensure that residents will receive the highest level of care they require. At Discovery Village At Westchase, residents will get to enjoy a social and friendly environment where they will be greeted with warm common areas, state-of-the-art activity centers, and beautiful dining rooms, some great places where social interactions will blossom into friendships with other residents.
Our SHINE® Memory Care Program provides residents with excellent long-term attention and care and is designed to meet the needs of these residents through a safe and supervised environment. They will have our assistance with their daily living activities and medical monitoring. We also provide activities throughout the day to keep residents enriched, entertained, engaged, and filled with purpose daily.
Some of the major benefits of memory care communities include the peace of mind that comes with knowing your loved one is in a safe, secure environment, the many opportunities for residents to socialize and interact with one another, and of course, the assistance of our specially trained team members. If you have considered a memory care program for your loved one, Discovery Village At Westchase offers high-quality care in our stylish, comfortable community.
The SHINE® Memory Care Program
Discover Independence, Confidence, and Self-Esteem
At Discovery Village senior living communities, we know the impact of the following:
- Celebrating every small success one at a time.
- Encouraging active participation in all activities and events.
- Promoting physical exercise, stimulating mental activity, and helping to maintain social and religious contacts.
- Focusing on strengths rather than limitations.
Discover Dining Delights
- Active participation in dining with assistance provided as needed.
- Nutrient-focused chef-prepared meals promote overall good health.
- “Food on the Run” for residents who are no longer able to focus on mealtime or frequently wander.
- Dining in a quiet and peaceful environment at the same time each day, allowing residents to focus on eating.
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
- Opportunities that match residents’ attention spans.
- Purpose-driven activities in small groups or on a one-to-one basis.
- Activities that are noncompetitive, failure-free, and age-appropriate.
- Activities geared towards residents’ present abilities and time of day.
Discover Friendships and Belonging
- Active participation and support in personal care activities help maintain a maximum sense of control and independence.
- Play or leisure activities promote friendships and pleasure for increased quality of life.
- Personal care activities that define how a person is perceived by their peers, family, and friends.
- Work or productive activities provide a sense of personal success and worth.
Contact Discovery Village At Westchase Today
Our SHINE® Memory Care programs emphasize the following in their holistic, personalized treatment plans:
- Superior communication with residents and families.
- Extensive training for our team members.
- A dining experience that uses nutritional facts and subtle sciences to stimulate interaction, appetite, participation, and awareness.
- A handcrafted “My Story” book for each resident.
- One-on-one and group activities, sensory experiences, and quiet, relaxed moments.
- Safe, secure neighborhoods created with your loved one’s convenience, health, and happiness in mind.
To experience “A Day in the Life” of one of our residents, or to find out more information about our SHINE® Memory Care Program, please feel free to contact our senior lifestyle coordinator using our convenient online form or at 813.328.3918 . We will be delighted to speak to you and discuss about your loved one’s personal needs. You are free to explore our facilities by scheduling a tour, and we will gladly answer any questions and address any concerns that you may have.