We’re Nationally Recognized for Our Approach to Memory Care
At Discovery Village, we completely understand the problems people with dementia face. When a member of your family enters our Memory Care community, we’ll guide and support them using a person-centered approach that’s rated among the nation’s very best.
Our SHINE® Memory Care program curriculum has earned a National Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association®, the country’s leading, voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research. The distinction is one that we share with a small and elite group of U.S. memory care providers.
SHINE® is both a unique and personalized method to memory care that utilizes scientific principles to promote comprehension, engagement, and lifestyle quality for family members living with dementia, including Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory-related conditions.
To chart a course of exploration for every resident that touches on different, important aspects of life – they will be assisted by nurses and nurse assistants with ongoing education and have gone through specialized training in memory care diseases. Helping elders to preserve and rebuild what’s taken away from them due to their condition is what our SHINE® Memory Care program is designed for. From personalized care and attention to quality meals, you can rest easy knowing your family members are in the best hands and receiving the finest quality care. You have our word on it.
What Is the SHINE® Memory Care Program?
A memory care program is designed to provide specialized care for your loved ones with Alzheimer’s, dementia, and other kinds of memory issues. In our safe, secure community, residents receive 24/7 care from nurses, certified nurse assistants, and other medical professionals. Our team is specially trained to care for individuals with dementia and has years of experience. Many people need more intensive levels of care as they age. For many, this is part of the process of getting older. At our SHINE® Memory Care community, your loved ones can receive the care they need.
The SHINE® Memory Care Program
Discover Independence, Confidence, and Self-Esteem
At Discovery Village senior living communities, we know the impact of the following:
- Celebrating each small success one at a time
- Encouraging active participation in all activities of daily living
- Rather than limitations, we focus on strength
- Promoting stimulating mental activity, physical exercise and helping to maintain religious and social contacts
Discover Delights in Dining
- Active participation in dining with assistance provided as needed
- Dining in a quiet and calm environment at the same time each day, enabling residents to focus on eating
- “Food on the Run” for residents who are no longer able to focus on mealtime or frequently wander
- Nutrient-dense gourmet meals promote overall good health
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
- Opportunities that match residents’ attention spans
- Activities geared towards residents’ present abilities and time of day
- Purpose-driven activitiesin either small groups or a one-to-one basis
- Activities that are noncompetitive, age-appropriate and failure-free
Discover and Experience Friendships and Belonging
- Play or leisure activities promote friendships and pleasure for increases quality of life
- Work or productive activities provide a sense of personal success and worth
- Personal care activities that define how a person is perceived by their peers, family, and friends
- Active support and participation in personal care activities help maintain a maximum sense of control and independence
Contact Discovery Village At Dominion Today
Our SHINE® Memory Care programs emphasize the following in their holistic, personalized treatment plans:
- Superior communication with residents and families
- A dining experience that uses subtle sciences to stimulate interaction, appetite, participation, and awareness
- Safe, secure neighborhoods created with your loved one’s convenience, health, and happiness in mind
- Extensive training for our team members
- Sensory experiences and quiet, relaxed moments, one-on-one and group activities
- A handcrafted “My Story” book for each resident
For more information regarding our SHINE® Memory Care Program and to experience “A Day in the Life” as one of our residents, please get in contact with a senior lifestyle coordinator using our online form or at 904.667.3500. We’ll gladly discuss with you the needs of your loved one’s personal lifestyle. Schedule a tour and explore our community. We are more than happy to answer any questions and address any concerns you may have.