The Disappearing Mind is a unique new podcast that focuses on providing a source of comfort, clarity, and education for anyone affected by dementia as they navigate the complex and sometimes confusing journey towards support and care. Sign up to get notified when the new podcast launches soon.
As your body ages, it becomes increasingly challenging to step into your exercise outfit and commit to physical exercise on a regular basis. Regardless of mobility, there is a routine fit for every individual as it is crucial to keep your body active. Not only will this good habit enhance your fitness, it can also create positive ripple effects in all areas of your life.
About Our Dimensions Health & Fitness
Having access to state-of-the-art and stylish amenities for exercise is a basic perk for our residents at Discovery Village At Dominion, so this is only the beginning. Dimensions Health & Fitness is a comprehensive and inclusive wellness program designed to encourage an active, stimulating lifestyle that will nourish every individual’s body and soul. Get started on your mornings with an instructor-led yoga or stretching class. Maybe you’d prefer signing up for senior fitness programs where you can also opt for personalized training and instruction.
Benefits of Having Dimensions Health & Fitness in Your Retirement Community
The benefits of staying healthy across all aspects of your life become much more noticeable as one ages. Having a health and fitness program in your community can help you in these ways:
- Increase your overall flexibility and strength
- Strengthen bones and reduce the risk of fractures
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- Improve ones mental and emotional wellness
- Engage in meaningful social activities
When Should You Consider Moving into a Retirement Community?
Moving to assisted living is a huge, difficult, and often heart-wrenching decision for caregivers. According to your needs, the benefits may significantly outweigh the risks. Here are a few signs to look out for if you’re wondering whether moving to a senior living community may benefit you or your loved one:
- You’re overwhelmed by caregiving – Feeling stressed from caregiving is common, but when stretched out for too long, it can be seriously damaging to your overall well-being. When that happens, your ability to care for your loved one can be diminished to the point where you’re no longer able to safely care for them.
- Cooking and doing house chores have become extremely taxing on the body – With housekeeping and dining services provided in our community, you’ll be able to focus more on the things you love while we take care of everything else.
- Your loved one craves a more vibrant social life – Most aging adults see their social circle shrinking over the years. Maybe they’ve lost a loved one, or perhaps it’s simply too tiring to get out of the house anymore to socialize.
Why Choose Discovery Village At Dominion’s Retirement Community?
At Discovery Village At Dominion, you can choose from three levels of care based on your needs – independent senior living, senior assisted living, and memory care. With an array of Health & Fitness programs and amenities available, you can live the healthy and active life that you have always wanted.